As Mousewives we try to bring a little bit of Disney into our lives every day. However, I especially look forward to the weekend as a chance to relax and unwind. And what better way to relax than to bring Disney vacation vibes home? These are my top 5 best (and easy!) ways to incorporate Disney into your weekend routine.
1. Make a Disney inspired meal. Pinterest is a great tool to find a variety of Disney recipes inspired from Disney park restaurants like Yak and Yeti or Trails End. I recently made a dole whip inspired dessert that took me straight to Adventureland. All I needed was a little cruise around the jungle and a climb to visit the Swiss Family Robinsons treehouse. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495818240206532459/
2. Luckily, I don’t have to wait to visit some of my favorite attractions around Adventureland, or anywhere in Disney. Pandora has an amazing amount of not only Disney movie music, but also Disney park music. Just type in the name to a favorite attraction, such as “The Tiki Room” or “Grim Grinning Ghosts”. Another option is to find Youtube playlists. One of our favorite channels is MrThemeParkAudios. This channel has a wide variety of Disney Park music from around the world. Bonus: I can listen to Disney park music while I clean. Nothing better than whistling while I work and making my weekend time a little more productive.
3. Watch a Disney classic movie. Netflix has a variety of Disney classics that you can stream right now (meaning you don’t even have to leave your couch to watch one right now!). Some of my favorites are Mulan, Lilo and Stich, and Walt Before Mickey.
4. Find a quick and easy Disney inspired craft from Pinterest. There are lots of family friendly crafts that do not require a lot of prep. I have placed a link below for a DIY Disney coffee cup. There is no better way to start a Monday morning that with a fancy Disney mug. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/475622410633681572/
5. Last but certainly not least, check out some Disney Bloggers or Vloggers. I love to watch Disney vlogs or reading trip reports. Youtube has many people who film their trips. It’s so fun to “tag along” with people as they vacation through the parks.
Stay tuned for my next article Top 5 ways to incorporate a little Disney into your work place.