February is usually when I start getting my real Disney homesick feelings. It’s dark, it’s damp, it’s cold and spring is just so, so close, but yet still so far away.
A good thing about February is that it’s a great excuse to cuddle up with loved ones, watch a classic Disney movie, and eat some yummy snacks! But why stop at just a Disney movie? You can create a snack that also brings a touch of the magic home too, with this Donald Duck Crunch!
Our snack has colors that are inspired by Donald Duck, but you can choose any one of your favorite characters. Mickey Mouse Munch (red, yellow, white, black) or Goofy’s Gobbles (orange, green, black). You can really be creative and add different candies or sweets to represent the colors of your character.
- ½ of a bag of pretzels
- 1 box of rice squares
- 1 ½ cups confectioners powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 bag of yellow, blue, and red M&M’s (I used the jumbo M&M’s just because they were on sale, but I ended up liking them better since the color was more prevalent in the mix. Regular M&M’s work just as well though.)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- In a large bowl mix together rice squares and pretzels. Set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl combine peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If everything is not melted together at this point, microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Once melted, mix in the vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the rice squares and pretzels. I usually pour a little bit over the top, then turn the mixture with a spatula or large spoon, pour more chocolate, and then again turn the mixture so the chocolate and peanut butter is coating the cereal and pretzels evenly.
- Spoon your mixture into a large ziplock bag. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the mixture. Seal the bag and shake until the powdered sugar is evenly coating the rest of the mixture.
- Place the mixture back in the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the yellow, red, and blue, M&M’s over the mixture.
- Turn on your favorite Disney movie and enjoy your snack!